This is the bbs100 distribution page. bbs100 is a DOC style telnet BBS,
developed by Walter de Jong since 1999.
If you first want to try bbs100, try out one of the
sites running bbs100.
bbs100 COMES WITH NO WARRANTY.
bbs100 is free software.
bbs100 is distributed under terms described in the GNU General Public License.
A big thanks goes out to all ...
NB. If you are a developer, you may want to check out my other BBS project:
bbs100 runs on most (if not all) POSIX compliant platforms.
- over 1000 simultaneous users
- automatic name extension (press Tab)
- customizable login/logout notification messages
- colorized messages
- multiple recipients in messages and Mail>
- chat rooms
- personal chat rooms
- auto-reply functionality
- large friendlists (customizable)
- large profile info
- sorted Who-list (customizable)
- infinite number of rooms
- infinite number of room aides per room
- infinite number of sysops
- long passwords (80 characters)
- protection of users' privacy
- easy configuration through menus
- advanced statistics
- an internal file cache
- a slab memory allocator
- single process BBS; uses < 1.0% CPU time even with lots of users online
- free and portable source code
- many more
The latest version is 3.3 (release date Feb 22nd 2015).
Download the package bbs100-3.3.tar.gz (347 kB)
Please see the README for more information.
See the INSTALL file for installation notes.
See the UPGRADING file for notes on upgrading.
See the WHATSNEW file for notes on what is new.
See the ChangeLog for a history in development.
See the FAQ for (not-so) frequently asked questions.
See the CREDITS for who deserves credit for this project.
Older version is 3.2 (release date July 1st 2007).
Download the package bbs100-3.2.tar.gz (442 kB)
Obsoleted versions are not available for download anymore, because I
recommend the latest version. If you really want to have older source codes, see
the git repository.
HOWTO setup a bbs100 at the default telnet port
HOWTO setup a bbs100 featuring secure connections through SSH
screenshot of bbs100 running on MacOS X
screenshot of bbs100 running on Windows 2000
The main distribution site is at http://www.heiho.net/bbs100/.
The source code of bbs100 is hosted at github
If you really must, you can contact the author at walter at heiho dot net